Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:20:09 +0200

[PLUG] scsi vs ide

I used to have scsi disks. My new machine, faster, has ide drives. The
old machine rarely skipped on playing ogg/mp3 files. The new one does
often. It suffices to do something compute or mildly disk intensive
(like untarring something big or an apt-get).

Do others have this experience? I'm wondering if this is a scsi/ide
thing or just a difference between the two machines. Like maybe my new
machine has a slow ide controller or something.

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>