Arthur S. Alexion on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 18:05:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Xlib ?problem?

On Sunday 28 July 2002 12:55 pm, Mental Patient wrote:
> See the docs for X for what those modules are for.
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/XF86Config.5.html#sect4
> So, once you find the docs for your version of X, it shouldn't take
> too long to figure out.

The URL, basically the same as my man page, did not explain the
individual modules and their uses.  It did, however, offer a possible
explanation for my lack of a module section.

"This section is ignored when the X server is built in static form."
My X server was built during the install by anaconda.  I hope it was
not built in static form as I followed your advice and added a Module
section and the line "Load "extmod"".