Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:20:07 +0200

[PLUG] sendmail woes

I have been having troubles w/ sendmail for a while. I have spent hours
reading docs.

Here's my problem.

I installed sendmail under debian 3.0, and I can't seem to be able to send
mail which is funny b/c I figured I'd be able to send mail, but not get
it, if there was any problem at all.

Here's the error from mutt:

Error sending message, child exited 127 (Exec error.).

Pine will just plain crash on me.

This is when sending email to myself on the same machine, the
misconfigured one. I can get mail, but when I reply to it, mutt says mail
was send, but it never gets there. Pine, characteristically, crashes.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin