gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:00:07 +0200

Re: [PLUG] HTML question

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:43:59PM -0400, Greg Lopp wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:13:24PM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 July 2002 11:41 am, Stephen Brown wrote:
> > > Put favico.ico ?as a 16x16 windows icon file on the doc root of your
> > > web server. ?Mozilla and the newer IE's will try and grab that icon
> > > and display it inthe titlebar if found.
> >
> > So its not really an HTML thing at all.  It's something the browser
> > automatically requests from each host.?
>
> Well, appearently not every host.  It seems that IE will only
> look for it if you create a shortcut for the site.  Anybody know
> the rules that the other browsers use?

Um... why are you all asking each other questions about this? All of
these questions are answered on the web site that several people
(myself included) have already pointed you at,
http://www.favicon.com/. It's got a FAQ. Go read it.

(Sorry to be ornery about this... I'd usually just ignore the
thread, but both the method of discussion--wasting bandwidth to get
other people to do your homework for you--and the content of the
discussion--this favicon BS--irritate me, and I'm already irritated
about work, so we get to three strikes.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net