multiple seriousity on Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:50:07 +0200

[PLUG] Demo Day? Advocacy? Presentations?

Greetings,

  Would anybody be interested in participating in a Linux & Open source
demo day? Maybe making other presentations and discussions?  The topics
and presentations can be wide and varied, from newbie to advanced.. but
this is a GREAT chance for advocacy, PR, outreach, etc.  All Linux, Open
Source, Free Software, etc. topics are possible and welcome.

  I know we've discussed demo days before...

Well, in association with the swap meet, the 2nd annual picnic, etc, I've
gotten a few GOOD leads on GREAT meeting/classroom-type space which would
be an absolutely great chance for outrach in this region.

I am going to respond to these people, however, I really do not want to go
forward unless I have a number of people who would DEFINITELY be
interested and willing in making some presentations and helping to run the
event (not to mention, attending!!) I also would need to know what type of
and how many rooms to request.

MOST LIKELY this would be on Friday August 23rd (this month) during the
day.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org