BillyWissman on Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:02:21 -0400

[PLUG] eth0

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a NetGear FA311 NIC, National Semiconductor chip, natsemi.c driver on a Pentium 60/66 running Debian Woody and a 2.4.18 kernel.

The system sees the NIC and driver, but when I run /sbin/dhclient to configure dhcp I get "eth0: PCI error 0x800000". The error message keeps repeating itself line after line and won't stop until I physically pull the ether cable from the NIC.

I have this same model NIC talking to the Internet without any problems in a Pentium 3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill