Bill Jonas on Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:00:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] fun with the new Caldera CEO

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 10:49:25AM -0400, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 08:41:02PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > That qoute from McBride ranks right up there with Al Gore's "I
> > invented the Internet," on the level of not knowing the basic
> > definition of words.
>
> You realize Gore never said that?

This is true.  What he actually said was, "During my service in the
United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
(Interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, March 9, 1999,
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore/index.html)

Draw your own conclusions.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin