JP Toto on Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:38:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: MS proxy

We delt with this problem at my old company. They put in MS Proxy to auth users going out but forgot about us poor web heads who needed to test stuff in Netscape. We had to manually configure Netscape to the proxy and then had to login every time we wanted out. There is a way to have the proxy server toss a login prompt at you if you're on a non-ie browser with domain, login info. Hope that helps.

Cheers, - JP

Bradley Molnar wrote:
If what I think is happening is happening, then the proxy server is using MS
Proxy Authentication.   From what I remember (very little) is actually
doesn't require authentication -- when you log on to the network, it logs
you on to everything, you get servers, printers, and proxy server.

I found this link from opera which does a better job explaining what I tried
to say, I think

http://www.opera.com/support/supsearch/supsearch.cgi?index=463

and this appears to be a discussion about the same topic with some probable
solutions (I can't try them, since I don't have a proxy server working this
way)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/28082

-brad

---
Everybody loves to love you when you're far away -- Better than Ezra, At the
Stars