Jesse Huestis on Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:00:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Compiling a Driver

Yup, fun stuff.

I have actually found a boot disk for SuSE 6.3 but of course I can not find the ISO files anywhere.

I also found NetBSD is close, but they do not have support for the SCSI card, whicjh of course is needed to do the install.

I found an uncompiled driver for the SCSI card, but am unsure how to use it with RH.

Basically, I need how to compile it and make it recognizable to the insallation program as driver disk.  It sounds as if I could do this with NetBSD I would be better off.  Any ideas?

Jesse

Michael Leone wrote:
Fred K Ollinger said:
The PS/2 has nothing but proprietary busses. It's almost supported by
NetBSD, but only this past year. I haven't a clue where Linux is these
days. You'll have nail-biting irritation recognizing each
individual device. Good luck.
That sounds like a good way to spend a couple of weeks, myself.

This is going to be a ball, a great adventure, and I applaud it. Go
wild!

Fred ... you need to get out more. Really.

<G>