Darxus on Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:10:07 +0200

[PLUG] sort -n doesn't work

Have any of you seen anything like this ?

$ cat test
3
1
2
$ sort -n < test
2
1
3
$ sort < test
1
2
3

The numerical sort is broken, but regular sort works.

It's on a redhat 6.2 box.  Another rh6.2 box has been confirmed to work
properly.  The latest rh6.2 textutils rpm (which contains sort) is
installed, and I tried downloading a fresh copy and reinstalling it.

--
"Am I a man who dreamed I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who is
dreaming I am a man?" - Chuang Tsu, ~350 BC