multiple seriousity on Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:50:07 +0200

[PLUG] BBQ/Picnic Today: Philadelphia, FDR Park off I-95,noon till ???

Greetings,

  just a reminder about the pot-luck picnic/bbq today.  it is
approximately noon till ??? (the park closes approx. 8:30pm and while I
have had picnics there that have started at noon and gone that late, last
year, we went till probably a little after 6pm, I don't quite remember.)
so feel free to come anytime.. although 1-3pm is a good target window.

The picnic is RAIN or SHINE.  Even if it is pouring at your house, it is
probably fine down in the park.  The park is funny that way.. and also,
there is some decent tree coverage at the picnic spot, so even if it is
raining a bit, there is good cover.

Directions are at http://plus.phillylinux.org/directions/
and are VERY important, write them down or print them out, especially the
in-park directions... the park is rather big, and it is good to know how
to find us in the park. :)  We will most likely be at picnic area #10
although might need to move to a nearby table if picnic area #10 is
taken. If you get there at noon, or earlier (#10) and dont yet see
anybody, feel free to just plop you and your stuff down. (the park works
on a first come, first served basis.. unless you get a permit which is
only neccessary for groups of 70 or more and costs money)

Please bring something... while it is not required, we all benefit if we
all contribute something.. call it an "open source" bbq.. :D Oh, wait.. it
is. :P

You can see what people are planning on bringing
at: http://plus.phillylinux.org/guest_list/
Feel free to bering whstever you want or are able to, you can always have
more than you need.. and people don't always bring what they state.

Feel free also to bring your kids, your friends, whatever.. even if
they're not 'linux folks' :P

looking forward to seeing y'all.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com