John Lavin on Sun, 1 Sep 2002 18:10:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] FTP Server Configuration

Thanks to all the suggestions for ftp servers:  I ended up deciding to
set up debian's default ftpd with chroot on the appropriate users (so
far.)  I can keep anonymous users out, and keep the allowed users on
their own areas.

One thing that seems to have it good parts, and bad is that I didn't
wanted to link the data I would allow them to read under the ~/pub
directory.  This, however, didn't work because I suppose that directory
is out of the user's directories.

I wouldn't have to copy those files over to their directories would I?

Or, should I just get vsftp?

Thanks,
-john

--