Time on Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:00:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] FTP Server Configuration

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 11:54:57AM -0400, John Lavin wrote:
> One thing that seems to have it good parts, and bad is that I didn't
> wanted to link the data I would allow them to read under the ~/pub
> directory.  This, however, didn't work because I suppose that directory
> is out of the user's directories.

Perhaps I'm just confused, but you can limit access to other's home
directories and then chroot the lot like:

/realroot/chroot/pub/
/realroot/chroot/home/username/

so that it would look like this to the user:

/pub
/home/username/
cd ../notmyusername/ *error* permission denied

> I wouldn't have to copy those files over to their directories would I?

shouldn't have to, unless you wanted to keep seperate pub files for
each single user, then you could do a /home/username/pub thing.

> Or, should I just get vsftp?

vsftp might do all this for you, so why reinvent the wheel? 8)

--
Regards,

Time

   13