Mental Patient on Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:10:14 +0200

Re: [PLUG] IPTables Debian Comcast

Time wrote:

I have a gateway built from Debian using IPTables running 2.4.18 on two
ethernet nic's where one is connected to the Comcast COM21 broadband
modem. For some unknown reason the line becomes unstable after 'x' hours
of usage and I seem to loose my IP, and the only way to correct this is
to run dhclient again (or pump -i eth1) and establishing a new
connection with the new IP. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior
before?

Only when I was overly aggressive when blocking incoming traffic. I wound up blocking dhcp lease renewal.
Make sure you're not dropping DHCP.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

--Tool "Parabola"

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc