Mental on Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:40:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] secure file deletion with journaling filesystems

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 03:43:14PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 02:44:18PM -0400, Mental Patient wrote:
> > gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > >What about in memory? On screen?
> > How does shred or srm help with that either?
>
> Oh, they don't. I just wanted to name drop Van Eck. (But if you're
> paranoid enough to think true file erasure is insufficient compared
> to encrypted FSes, why aren't you paranoid enough to worry about
> spoked with radio receivers?)

Because my life isnt that interesting. Or at least I refuse to be that
incapacitated by paranoia.

All these attacks are possible, however they're very impractical.

> > It'd be interesting, but you could always sit outside my room with a
> > decent pair of binoculars.
>
> How low tech. I could probably more easily come in that window and
> slap a keygrabber in front of your keyboard in your PS/2 port. (How
> often do you check for those? What, you don't? Even at work? Tsk...)

actually, in my case, my tower is  sideways on my desk in both locations.
I can clearly see the back of it. But, again.. if you really wanna hijack
my mp3's or pr0n, just ask. I'll burn you a cd. At work, if you theft the
code, you've thefted someone elses code, not mine :)

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that
I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

--Tool "Parabola"

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc