Samantha on Sat, 14 Sep 2002 05:50:08 +0200

[PLUG] OT? dual X on netbsd

I posted to the i386 mailing list as well, but I would like some input
from here too :)

I have Xfree86 4.2, two monitors two video cards (S3-968, S3-Virge/DX)

X -configure detects all video cards, keyboard, mouse, etc.

typing X gets X up on one monitor(grey background with the little x in the
middle) and wakes up the other one(nothing is visible).

When I go to the console from where I started X I see:
S3Virge: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:15:0) found
s3: No  matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:16:0) found

But in the XFree86Config file there is a device section for both the video
cards and both the sections have the appropriate BUS ID with it.

Why am I getting the complaints?

Thanks for any help.

Samantha