Doug Crompton on Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:01:08 -0400

[PLUG] Bind - Question again

I posed this question earlier but I did get a response.

When I boot my system it uses PPP to dialup the server. This is in the
inittab - inittab calls a "start-link" script which dials and starts PPP
etc. This ensures that PPP is always there as it repswans if it is not.

The problem is that bind is run before the PPP connection is established
in the code and it refuses to listen on any ports that do not exist.

My internet is on PPP0. The only way I can get it to work is run an

ndc stop
ndc start

once the system is booted in order for it to listen and make requests on
the then established PPP IP address.

Is this just an ordering problem in my bootup? I never had this problem
with the same basic code in my old system - slackware and bind4

I am currently using Suse 7.3 and bind8

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *