Paul on Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:02:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RCN dial-up

The PPP connection often dynamically sets up the DNS address(es) Do you
know what DNS addresses RCN supplies? You can put them in manually. You
can also do an nslookup when connected and set the server to a specific
address. It could be that the dns addresses are just not getting setup
properly. You do not have to use RCN's dns if you have another one you can
use although for speed it might be desireable to use theirs if it works.

DNS addresses do get assigned. 207.172.3.8-9. I have tried entering them manually and that didn't help. I don't remember if I've ever tried using outside DNS servers.