Paul on Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:55:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RCN dial-up

I might be totally missing something, but there is no interaction between PPP and the DNS server. PPP is used to get your data to a terminal, where it is then forwarded across different types of lines. If you can get any data at all, then you can get data sent from a DNS server. Are you sharing your dial up connection between all these computers, or are you dialing into them seperately?

I was starting to think about different ports and protocols. DNS uses port 53, TCP and UDP. Maybe the problem is one of those elements.