John Novatnack on Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:29:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RCN dial-up

I hate to say this, but I highly doubt this is a RCN problem. If this was a problem with RCN's DNS's servers, you could not even get through on the phone line, so many people would be calling. Not to mention they most likely have multiple back ups of each server. I used to work at a ISP, and the sad fact is, there are a number of things within windows that can inhibit your DNS from working.

Naresh wrote:

Paul,

Yes! I have been having problems with RCN internet connection too. This is
on my fathers Windows 2000 (Pro) machine. I can ping the ip address for
yahoo but I can't seem to ping www.yahoo.com. therefore I concluded it was
a DNS problem. When I e-mailed RCN from my school account, they just sent
me documentation on how to set it up. They did not answer my question. I
am thinking of switching my ISP to something cheap (Around Upper Darby
Area).

Hope this helps...

Good Luck, Naresh.