Paul on Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:22:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RCN dial-up

Yes! I have been having problems with RCN internet connection too. This is
on my fathers Windows 2000 (Pro) machine. I can ping the ip address for
yahoo but I can't seem to ping www.yahoo.com. therefore I concluded it was
a DNS problem. When I e-mailed RCN from my school account, they just sent
me documentation on how to set it up. They did not answer my question. I
am thinking of switching my ISP to something cheap (Around Upper Darby
Area).

Hope this helps...

Yes, this helps because I was beginning to think it was just me! RCN always claims that no one else is having a problem, so it must be *my* PC that has the problem.

Hey, I wonder if this is caused by connecting to a V.92 modem on the ISP side. (?)

How often does the problem occur? Did the documentation include installing "Client for Micro$oft Networking"? Did you try it? If so, did it make a difference?

I'm thinking about switching to http://www.qwickconnect.net/ for $5.95 per month $8.95 per month for BlueLight https://isp2.bluelight.com/blisp/servlet/blisp. I would pay $15.00 per month at the most.