zeek on Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:40:25 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Proxy Question

Naresh,

There's 2 problems here. Be sure to make a distinction between what's going
on INSIDE the network and OUTSIDE the network. The telnet f08s05.cac.psu.edu
8000 is a test to see if a connection on port 8000 can be made from outside
of the network. If you can telnet to that port, then your web browser can
use it as a proxy. If not, then it's not going to work.

Fixing the 2nd problem may solve the 1st. It appears that junkbuster is
listening only to the local ip address of 127.0.0.1 --this is also the
default for junkbuster. Did you change the  listen-address  in the config?
That should be 128.118.108.154

On the local machine first change that ip, then try to telnet into 8000. If
this works then you can probably do it outside the network as well (assuming
your conneections aren't blocked by a firewall).

-zeek