Arthur S. Alexion on Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:43:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Perl question

On Friday 20 September 2002 07:54 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Best way would have been to just paste the code in question...
my theory is that that is how the code got perverted in the first
place.  It was sent to me in the body of an email.  I copied and pasted
it into a text editor for saving as a file.  I believe that the process
caused {tab} characters to be pasted or saved as a group of nb spaces
followed by a regular space.  When I did a regular experession search
and replace, that's the way they were lined up.

btw, even though I have seen the tilde ( ~ ) used a lot for something
other than ñ, I had never seen the accent ( ` ) used for anything.