Arthur S. Alexion on Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:36:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Visually-impaired computing

On Saturday 28 September 2002 01:36 pm, Michael F. Robbins wrote:
> My cousin would really love to be able to use a computer for just two
> purposes: word processing and e-mail.  The issue is that I've found
> that she can only read from the screen if the letters are about 2"
> tall (and only then with high-contrast colors like white text on a
> black background).

Nancy Massey, who was active in the Phila Web development community in
1994, had founded a company named Massynet when I last had contact with
her (1995 or 1996).  Masseynet was devoted to designing accessable
websites for the visually impaired and was a great source for non-web
solutions, too.  I have some contact info for her if you are interested
and can't otherwise get a hold of her.  Contact me off list.