Adam Turoff on Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:20:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] ENIAC

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:17:18PM -0400, Bob Schwier wrote:
> I wonder if any one has actually tried to
> place ENIAC's specific algorithm on a chip.  Yeah, I admit, the thing
> would not be up to a good calculator but then that is progress.

Yes.  There was an EE design project to implement the original ENIAC
design in an IC for the 50th anniversary of ENIAC in 1997.

It was an interesting architecture, and it was more than just a simple
calculator.  Because of how it was wired, the various units operated
somewhat independantly, allowing a crude form of parallelism.

Z.