Bill Jonas on Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:59:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PC Camera

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 03:48:50AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> It works after doing "/sbin/modprobe ibmcam" and running xawtv.  The
> camera is sold under the CompUSA brand, manufactured by Xirlink, which
> seems to be identical to an IBM branded camera, but this one is only $15
> after a $5 instant rebate.

What's the quality like?  We have a $30 D-Link that's pretty bad.  (I
can supply samples of its image quality for comparison, if you like.)  I
mean, yeah, for $15 I wouldn't expect a whole lot, but if it's at least
somewhat better than what we already have, I'd probably get it.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin