Kevin Brosius on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:46:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] USB vs Ethernet

> lists wrote:
>
> Somehow throughout the day, my SuSE 8.0 configuration decided not to
> recognize the Internet connection via USB to cable modem. I'm
> searching the Internet as well as all of my Linux books for a
> resolution.  However, in the meantime, does someone know how to
> identify all of the USB ports on a Linux box?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Try out usbview.  If it's not installed, open yast2 and add it.  It'll
show you usb info in a tree view.  You can expand a device branch to see
additional information.

Also look through the /var/log/messages file for usb messages.  You
should find some messages around the time the USB died (if it really
died.)  That may help determine what's going wrong.

--
Kevin Brosius