Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:50:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

It adds to maintenance time, though, to maintain two separate
versions. And unless content and presentation are really totally
separated (e.g., a text-formatting and a graphic-formatting script,
both of which take their content from a database), one risks
accidentally having one page updated and the other version not.

I don't mean to whine, nothing there that we can't do. But it's more
work. Is it worth it? The text-only calendars and such we've been
using have been working quite well, imho.

-Jeff

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:19:48PM -0400, Iman Mayes wrote:
> I sort of agree...mostly. I think that an alternative, text only version is
> a good option, however I feel that we should not limit ourselves to just
> that. I've seen some tools (calendars, upload/download areas, search, etc.)
> that would be very useful to the group. On that note, you bring up a very
> good point about "general points". Maybe we should come up with a guideline
> for the site(s). What you have in your email is a good starting point.
>
> Iman Mayes

 Jeff