jeff on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:00:22 -0400

[PLUG] Red Hat 8.0 Download / SMB??

At 03:02 AM 10/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
How many ISOs are source code only?

IIRC, 3 program, 1 doc, 1 source.

Question: I'm attempting to browse my network.

from a browser, smb://machine/share  worked great in 7.3 - it does not in 8.
smbclient://machine/share works from a terminal though.

I did not play with smb.conf in 7.3 and could not see the box. I added the workgroup name in 8 and still cannot see the linux box or the Win boxes (98 and 2k) - don't care about accessing the home dir at this point. It did not work before I changed it either.

It's always safe for me to assume Operator Error.  Ideas?

Thanks.