Iman Mayes on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:10:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

I agree that 2 separate sites adds maintenence, so I started researching the
possibility of something that could handle both. If anyone has more
suggestions, feel free to chime in. I'm sure some of you lynx users run into
these issues all of the time ;)

What a CMS would buy us is not having to worry about HTML at all. It would
also allow us to expand the site. For example, I think having a section
dealing with the talks would be nice. People could get a synopsis of the
talk, along with any downloads. We could also partition responsibility for
multiple areas of the site to various volunteers.

I also think that having the site be a little more interactive would help
raise more interest in the group. I think it would help connect more of us
lonely linux users around here :)

I do like the fact that the existing site looks good in lynx. I still want
that, because it could help us get to the stage where people can download
the site info to their PDA's (the techno-dweeb in me is peeking out).

Iman Mayes