gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:20:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:53:38PM -0400, Iman Mayes wrote:
> I'm sure some of you lynx users run into these issues all of the time ;)

Yes, and my response is that if a site doesn't render properly, it
probably wasn't worth my time anyway.

Please, don't even attempt to do browser detecting. Don't force us
to select a "for text" link like we're second-class citizens.
Please, just keep the *whole* site HTML-compliant, and then it'll be
viewable correctly for everyone.

> I also think that having the site be a little more interactive would help
> raise more interest in the group. I think it would help connect more of us
> lonely linux users around here :)

What's insufficiently interactive about the mailing list?

> I do like the fact that the existing site looks good in lynx. I still want
> that, because it could help us get to the stage where people can download
> the site info to their PDA's (the techno-dweeb in me is peeking out).

What about the current format displays poorly in a PDA? It looks
great on my Newton...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net