Iman Mayes on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:00:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

1) I'm sure there are plenty of sites that are "HTML Compliant" that won't
look right in lynx, particularly ones that support the more modern standards
(CSS, DHTML, etc).

2) As far as feelings about having a more graphical site, I respect your
opinion and would like to hear from others. What's the problem with browser
detecting? If your using a browser that can identify itself via the HTTP
protocol, you shouldn't have a problem.

3) The mailing list is good for being a mailing list. If you think it is all
you need, then there is no need for a website. Does the mailing list have
archives? Is it searchable? Obviously, a website could give you more
functionality (and I'm not just talkin perty graphics).

4) The current format does look great in text browsers, which is why I feel
that if there is a new site it should still work fine in in that case.

Trust me, I'm not trying to drag the site kicking and screeming where the
group does not want it to go. I want this to be a *group* decision. I think,
however, we can if need be get to a happy medium.

Iman Mayes