eric@lucii.org on Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:20:04 -0400

[PLUG] what is this format?

All:

I try to edit some text email messages that are sent to me
but I find that they look like this:

------- begin excerpt -----

      Constitution
      =20
     =20
By JAY BOOKMAN=20

The official story on Iraq has never made sense. The connection that the =
Bush administration has tried to draw between Iraq and al-Qaida has =
always seemed contrived and artificial. In fact, it was hard to believe =
that smart people in the Bush administration would start a major war =

------- end excerpt -----

The equals at the end of each line and the extra characters (=20 for
example) prevents me from using some easy reformatting techniques and
forces me to edit each line independently.

What is this format?  I believe that "=20" is an ascii 20 (space) but I
don't know.  I end up saving it as text (from mutt) and then importing
it into a new message.  That's okay if I want to resend it but sometimes
I just want to reformat it and save it.

Is there an "easy" way to process this and remove that formatting?

T.I.A.

Eric

--
# Eric Allan Lucas