Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:10:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] shell without tty

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:00:19PM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to tweak a shell to invoke a program (gettextize) without
> providing a tty. Basically gettextize check if there is a tty (with
> isatty) and if yes bother me (and others) with a useless "Press Enter
> ..." message.
>
> Is there a way in bash or perl to do this?

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking. Do you want a shell to talk
to something that's not a tty?

    $ sh < foo > bar

Of course, foo may be /dev/null if you just don't want it to bother
you.

Maybe I'm totally missing what you're asking.

--
 Jeff