Will Dyson on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:00:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] shell without tty

christophe barbe wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to tweak a shell to invoke a program (gettextize) without
providing a tty. Basically gettextize check if there is a tty (with
isatty) and if yes bother me (and others) with a useless "Press Enter
..." message.

How do you know that it doesn't output those messages when stdin is not a tty? If the answer is, "I tested it", then you probably know how to make stdin not be a tty (make it is a pipe or file).

So the real question is: why can't you do that in whatever script you are writting?

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman