Darxus on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:50:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] debian dist-upgrade from woody (stable) to sarge (testing) report

On 10/09, christophe barbe wrote:
> Me too. That said it seems hard to believe that linkchecker was an
> official package. I can't find it in the potato archives
>    ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/web/
> So let say that debian is perfect ;-)

Note that I said that I believed it was an official debian package.  I was
uncertain enough to be sure to put the "I believe part in there".  What you
did jogged my memory, and I looked around, and jogged my memory more.

I believe you are correct.  The linkchecker tarball had a debian directory,
and I built the debian package using that.  It was screwed up - I had to
create /home/calvin to get it to build.  So Debian *is* perfect :)
(no problems upgrading that were caused by official Debian packages)

--
"It's never too late to panic."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com