John McElroy on Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:50:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] debian dist-upgrade from woody (stable) to sarge (testing) report

I've done this as well and it went very smoothly since I had not installed any packages other than offical Debian packages.

(off topic)
Darxus, as I recall from a posting a month or so ago, you installed a new nvidia GeForce3 video card into a debian machine.  Did you have any difficulties?  Could you please briefly describe what was required.

I'm asking because I've put together a new pc and am having trouble with X under debian using the ATI Radeon 8500LE video card.  I was hoping that maybe I could get a little insight into what was required for the GeForce to apply it to the Radeon.

If anyone else has set up debian to use the 8500LE or any other ATI Radeon video card, please provide a few tips.

I know ATI has posted Linux 'drivers' for the 8500LE, which I've tried but have been unable to make work at all.  The included documentation was not very helpful (to me anyway).

Thanks!