gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:31:59 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Maybe OT - "Supported" Unix on Intel CPUs?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:06:04PM -0400, JP Toto wrote:
> Itanic... That was funny :-)

I can't claim credit for its creation, and I doubt Perry Metzger
can either, but he's who I heard say it first. It was the standard
term in Wasabi's office while I was interning there.

(At that point, AMD had gladly given Frank van der Linden a software
emulator for the x86_64 processor, months in advance of release,
a set of development tools for it, and helpful support. Whereas
Intel was still giving Wasabi--and all other comers except Microsoft,
so far as I could tell, even including VxWorks--a completely cold
shoulder. Actually, I think they still are now.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net