John Lavin on Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:05:22 -0400

[PLUG] X server permissions as a different user...

Pulling a conversation off of IRC and on the list.  I seem to have had a
a xserver permissions error.  I think I might have moved to another
one...

I had an error:

No longer have that I have the following:

-- snip --
<jlavin> checking out the xhost manpage now...
<jlavin> hmmm
<jlavin> xhost root@  root@myhost
<jlavin> xauth add myhost:0 SUN-DES-1 root@myhost
<jlavin> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
<jlavin> perhaps I'm doing something wront
<jlavin> s/wront/wrong
<switchcat> try xhost + first by itself, no
names to see if that works
<switchcat> als you may need to do this as thew
user you're logged in as, not as su
<switchcat> als=also
<jlavin> hmm:  same thing:
<jlavin> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
<jlavin> no other errors btw

Any ideas?
-john
--