Paul on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:34:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Linux Business Forum

I didn't mean to say that I was superior in any way. I'm doing the best I
can just like windows sysadmins. I'm just telling other's experience,
YMMV.

I know you didn't say it. I did. It's my prejustice. 8^) What can't you do that Windows admins can do? (My bet is that you lack specific experience with Windows, but that you know the underlying computer theory at a deeper level, and that you could get up to speed with Windows technology fairly quickly.)

(I'm depressed. I don't think I want to work with computers anymore.
Boo-hoo...)

I feel that way sometimes. You can run windows at work, be stupid while there, and go home and run linux. Or become a janitor if there are no linux jobs. I plan on the latter.

I think I will just apply for a job at Target.  Seriously.

Everyone in my dept knows *nix. Everyone I work w/ is intelligent. I'm not
saying that a leads to b, but both are true for my job. I'm happy.

But, you stated that the Windows admins didn't want to learn about Linux, so how is it that eveyones knows it?