Mike Bellerue on Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:50:09 -0400

[PLUG] New to the Linux world.

Hey peoples. As the title says I'm new to the Linux world and I'm looking
for a little help. I'm trying to make this 200mhz putt putt computer into a
firewall/router. So here's what I have. I've downloaded a Debian ISO and
burned it to CD. I have a 200mhz 'pooter with 2 NICs. Here's where I run
into trouble. The first NIC I put in works just fine. It was all set up for
me and everything. I put the 2nd NIC in and eth0 switched over to using that
NIC. Pretty strange but my brother said that it probably had something to do
with the two NICs being the same. So I'm like, "Okay, I can handle this." I
take out the 1st NIC since it's not doing anything anymore, then I put in a
NIC that's totally different from the first two that I used. eth0 stays with
the 2nd NIC which is good, but the 3rd NIC doesn't get assigned to eth1. Any
ideas? I don't think I could've made that more confusing if I planed it.