Jason Costomiris on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:50:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problems w/SMTP on Verizon DSL, none on Comcast Cable?

On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 07:21 PM, W. Chris Shank wrote:

Typically, if you attempt to use an SMTP host outside of their network, they won't relay. So your IP address needs to be one they recognize as their own. Unless their smtp server allows you to use an id and password to authenticate.

Obviously.

But, as I said, we're talking about a server that *I* control, and authenticate with to do smtp relay.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/