Jason Costomiris on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:40:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problems w/SMTP on Verizon DSL, none on Comcast Cable?

On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 07:23  PM, Stephen Gran wrote:

Doesn't Comcast firewall ports 25, 80, 110, and a ton of others?  This
was the reason I switched to DCA.net - Comcast told me that they would
be unable (or unwilling) to open a few ports for me to run a mail
hub/webserver on.

Not that I know of..

I might be misunderstanding, but you were asking about a mail hub on
your LAN, as opposed to the Comcast mailservers, right?

Nope, not at all. In a colo.

-- Jason Costomiris <>< E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/ Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.