Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:10:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Accessing ext(x) filesystems from windows

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 10:52 am, Martin DiViaio wrote:
> Another option would be to create a FAT32 partition on the disk and
> use that for your documents. The FAT32 module for linux should be
> able to handle reading and writing to it and you don't have to worry
> about accidentially corrupting the NTFS partition on your Win2K
> installation.

That's sort of what I have now, with a symlink to it in my home
directory.  However, instead of a separate partition, it's just a
directory tree beginning at d:\Documents\arthur

I suppose that the two read only utilities are a way to get to
documents that I need that I forgot to save to a FAT partition, while
trying to make it a habit to save to the FAT partition when I can.