Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:20:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Accessing ext(x) filesystems from windows

On Friday 01 November 2002 02:29 pm, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:51:53PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> > I suppose that the two read only utilities are a way to get to
> > documents that I need that I forgot to save to a FAT partition,
> > while trying to make it a habit to save to the FAT partition when I
> > can.
>
> I forget what the name of the key is, but I seem to recall that the
> "My Documents" folder is pointed to by the registry.  You could edit
> the registry key to point it to a folder on the FAT partition, but
> you'd need to Google for its name.

Its in the FAT partition by default.  No need to move it.  (an easy way
to move it, btw, is via the rename command.  It is how I got it from
c:\My Documents to g:\Documents and preserved the pointers.  Ironic
because in bash, I rename via the move (mv) command.