christophe barbe on Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:54:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] BSD total free memory in C ?

Like all of us ;-)

Note that your mail client (?) seems to be broken (at least from the
thread point of view).

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:59:22AM -0500, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> | What would be the BSD way to get the quantity of free memory?
>
> based on experience, but with no actual experimental data
> to back myself up, I would doubt that using total free memory
> to determine the cache size is the optimal cache sizing
> algorithm.

So based on your experience what would be a good algorithm?

About your proposed 'read a value from a config file' (which is already
implemented), what would be a good default value? Is it going to be the
same default value on all systems or do you need ... an algorithm to
determine this value?

Christophe

L'experience, c'est une connerie par jour mais jamais la même.