Bill Jonas on Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:54:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Which distro for non-intel machines

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:24:48AM -0500, Noah Silva wrote:
> I assume Gentoo will run on anything linux supports, since it is from
> source!

Well, yes, that's true theoretically, but you still have to get it
bootstrapped on the target system.  Hmm.  The last time I looked at
gentoo.org, they were only supporting three architectures, but now they
list four: x86, PowerPC, UltraSparc and Alpha.  So it turns out that
Gentoo, as well, would satisfy the requirement of a distribution that
runs on sparc and alpha.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin