Bill Jonas on Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:00:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] swap question

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 11:29:03AM -0500, epike@isinet.com wrote:
> Anybody aware if there's still a problem in linux
> (i'm using 2.4 kernel / redhat 7.0 and above) for using swap
> partitions more than 128 megs?  Old docs had this warning
> of using > 128 megs before.

That limit's been gone for a while now.  I think maybe it was last seen
in 2.0, maybe early 2.2.  In any case, with a recent 2.2 or 2.4 kernel
you don't have that problem and everything's fine.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin