Arthur S. Alexion on Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:30:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Business DSL reccomendation?

On Thursday 07 November 2002 01:20 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:23:49AM -0500, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> > I want an ISP that will handle alternative MX/mail
> > holding during any DSL downtime.  Covad is evil,
> > and sets up a catchall email account.  Painful.
>
> I use Speakeasy.net, and I'm pretty happy with it. They've very
> tech-savvy.

Can't comment but have always heard good things about their personal
service.

> DCANet, who is local to the Philly area, was cheaper than Speakeasy
> and equally competent when I checked things out.

Here's the difference.  I have heard equally good things about DCA.
HOWEVER....

DCA's business pricing was far higher than everyone was getting on
their personal pricing.  Most DCA subscribers on this list with
personal plans were talking about total pricing of about $50/month.  I
called about a business plan and was quoted a minimum of $160 or more.