Forge on Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:30:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Business DSL reccomendation?

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

On Thursday 07 November 2002 01:20 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:23:49AM -0500, Barry Roomberg wrote:

I want an ISP that will handle alternative MX/mail
holding during any DSL downtime. Covad is evil,
and sets up a catchall email account. Painful.

I use Speakeasy.net, and I'm pretty happy with it. They've very
tech-savvy.

Can't comment but have always heard good things about their personal service.

DCANet, who is local to the Philly area, was cheaper than Speakeasy
and equally competent when I checked things out.

Here's the difference. I have heard equally good things about DCA. HOWEVER....

DCA's business pricing was far higher than everyone was getting on their personal pricing. Most DCA subscribers on this list with personal plans were talking about total pricing of about $50/month. I called about a business plan and was quoted a minimum of $160 or more.

I pay a shade over 100$/month for my psuedo-business home line.